About the Timeline Festival Event
The Timeline Festival is an annual re-enactment event that is held at Kryal Castle, near Ballarat in Regional Victoria. The Festival attracts over 350 historical reenactors and merchants covering time periods from Ancient Rome through to World War Two.
The event is run over three days and incorporates a public event, which is held on the Saturday and Sunday, and includes a whole range of re-enactment activities to showcase the skills and crafts of the re-enactment community.
Ticketing and the latest pricing for members of the public is available via the “public entry ticketing” button above
For full details of this year’s event, please see below.
This year’s event
The 2017 Timeline Festival will be held on the last weekend of October (Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th) at Kryal Castle. Re-enactors are welcome to attend on Friday the 27th, which is our traditional re-enactors only day (for registration confirmation and set up). You can keep up to date with information on the public event via Facebook, just click the button below to get to the event page
Members of the public are welcome to wear their own costumes to the event and also highly encouraged to visit the period encampments outside of the castle and mingle with the reenactors. The period encampments (on the terraces to the right of the castle) features over 300m of living history displays. As well as the Viking and Medieval villages, there will be a full metal combat arena (this just has to be seen to be believed), a 14th century tavern, a blacksmith forge, period traders and market stalls and various displays of crafting, period cooking and historical displays.
Inside the castle, there will be more period traders and merchants as well as a host of activities in the main arena and around the castle which include the mounted skill at arms competition, the Castle Jousters, NVG Viking combat, Napoleonic black powder (musket) display, The Pioneers Challenge (Musket and Axe), The Knattleikr (A tradiitional Viking ball game) and all of the traditional Castle activities , a traditional archery competition and a whole range of other activities for you all to enjoy.
- Mounted Melee / Joust of War featuring International Jousters Phil Leitch and Cliff Marisma
- Military Equitation Australia “Mounted skill at arms”
- Medieval Full Contact Combat (HMB)
- Viking Knattleikr Tournament (Traditional viking ball game)
- Canon Firing Display
- Traditional Craft / Market Stalls
- Living History Villages (Viking and Medieval)
- Over 300m of Living History Encampments and Displays
- Traditional Archery Competition
- Black Powder Musket Firing
- Live Action Role Play Combat
- Working Blacksmith Forge
- Children’s Entertainment
- Food, Drink and Refreshment Tents
- And much more!!!!!
- Greenlord Cosmic Design ( Main event sponsor and sponsor of the Historical Fashion Parade)
- Ye Olde Bowyer (Sponsor of the Timeline Archery Competition)
- Ylva the Red (Sponsor of the Knattleikr Tournament, Best Arena Display and Best Living History Display)
- Spice Alchemy (Sponsor of the Best Cooking Display)
This event is proudly supported by
The ARA provide comprehensive public liability and personal insurance cover for reenactors and reenactment groups